The division was established in 1981 as a Specialty Chemicals Division with a focus to manufacture specialty chemicals and pharmaceutical intermediates. In April 2006, the division has been renamed as ‘Pharmaceuticals & Chemicals Division’ to focus strongly on the manufacturing of active pharmaceutical ingredients and pharmaceutical intermediates.
Located at Roha, the manufacturing site is about 140 km from the city of Mumbai and occupies an area of 40,000 sq.m. The division employs over 200 people and has the capacity to develop and execute a range of chemical processes. It also provides for innovative process design and scale-up.
The production facility meets cGMP norms and has independent powder handling areas for the finished product. The manufacturing activity is monitored and controlled by the Quality Assurance at all stages as per the ICH Guidelines.
The division has an R&D centre with its administrative set-up approved by DSIR at Pawane, Navi Mumbai.
Some highlights of the Pharmaceutical & Chemicals Division are:
- EU-GMP written confirmation
- GMP Certification – Certified unit from State Drug Authorities
- Quality management system in place as per ISO-9001 buy nexium 40 mg certified by TUV NORD CERT GmbH, Germany
- Leading manufacturers of Theophylline and its derivatives, and Ambroxol
- Multi-purpose manufacturing facility
- Full-fledged R&D Centre ? Recognised by Department of Science & Industrial Research, Government of India
- Innovative R&D team
- Kilo-level synthesis and pilot plant facilities
- Contract Research and Custom Synthesis undertaken
- Well-developed Quality Assurance department
- Complying with IPR Laws
- Pharmaceutical intermediates that are pre-registered with ECHA as per REACH legislation
- Government-recognised export house
The division has emerged as a leader in the domestic market, especially in the therapeutic categories such as bronchodilators and mucolytic expectorant with its consistency, reliability and competitiveness. Many Xanthine derivatives have been developed for European customers. The division also manufactures niche pharmaceutical intermediates for anti-Cancer, anti-Diabetes and anti-Parkinson’s drugs.
It is currently exporting APIs and Pharmaceutical Intermediates to many European, Latin American, South East Asian, Middle East countries and aims to target highly regulatory markets such as the U.S.A and Japan over the next couple of years.
- Sun Pharmaceuticals
- Zydus Cadila
- Centaur Pharmaceuticals
- Hetero Drugs
- Mecleods Pharma
If you would like to know more about this division, contact:
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org